Crimson Palace, winner of the Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) in August at Arlington Park for Godolphin, has been retired from racing. She was scheduled to contest the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) at Lone Star Park.
Godolphin Racing's Crimson Palace found American racing to her liking Saturday, winning the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) in the closing strides at Arlington Park.
Moyglare Stud Farm Ltd.'s colt Simple Exchange, one of several prominent European invaders for Saturday's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), worked Wednesday at Arlington Park.
The Irish-bred colt Vespone and the South African-bred mare Crimson Palace, a pair of Godolphin Racing Inc. competitors in Saturday's International Festival of Racing at Arlington Park, turned in easy gallops Monday morning at the suburban Chicago track.
Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford revealed that Grand Hombre is its most likely representative in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), the exciting climax of the Dubai International Racing Carnival at Nad Al Sheba on March 27.
Team Valor has sold Crimson Palace, the highly impressive winner of a conditions race on the opening night of the Dubai International Racing Carnival, to the Maktoums, and the South African filly will join Godolphin trainer Saeed bin Suroor's string.
The opening night of the inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival would certainly have to be deemed a success, as 26 of the international horses trained on the Nad Al Sheba track lined up in the five Thoroughbred races.
Team Valor, which formed a partnership last summer with WinStar Farm and Sunmark Partners to campaign South African hotshot filly Ipi Tombe in Dubai, has decided to take the same route with Crimson Palace.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate