Recently retired three-time grade I winner Flat Out will enter stud for 2014 at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington. He will participate in Spendthrift's Share The Upside program and stand for a fee of $10,000.
Two-time Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Flat Out reaffirmed his affinity for the Belmont Park surface April 27, winning the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) by a hard-fought head.
Flat Out returned to the scene of his most recent triumph Sept. 29--almost a year ago to the day--and won the $1 million TVG Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) at Belmont Park for the second time in a row.
Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew