Crème Fraiche, who won the 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and retired as one of racing's richest runners, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable near Malvern, Pa.
Hal's Hope earned his first graded stakes win since the Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 11, 2000, when he went wire-to-wire to win Sunday's $100,000 Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Rose Family Stable's Hal's Hope, winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) two years ago and most recently seventh in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) Feb. 9, worked five furlongs handily in 1:00 4/5 at Calder Race Course Feb. 26 in preparation for the Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) on March 10 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth
- Rake Farms, Butler Dominate Minnesota Card
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward