Crème Fraiche, who won the 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and retired as one of racing's richest runners, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable near Malvern, Pa.
Hal's Hope earned his first graded stakes win since the Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 11, 2000, when he went wire-to-wire to win Sunday's $100,000 Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Rose Family Stable's Hal's Hope, winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) two years ago and most recently seventh in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) Feb. 9, worked five furlongs handily in 1:00 4/5 at Calder Race Course Feb. 26 in preparation for the Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) on March 10 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work