Crème Fraiche, who won the 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and retired as one of racing's richest runners, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable near Malvern, Pa.
Hal's Hope earned his first graded stakes win since the Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 11, 2000, when he went wire-to-wire to win Sunday's $100,000 Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Rose Family Stable's Hal's Hope, winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) two years ago and most recently seventh in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) Feb. 9, worked five furlongs handily in 1:00 4/5 at Calder Race Course Feb. 26 in preparation for the Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) on March 10 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Handle on U.S. Races Down 3.66% in February
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'