Breaking in full stride to make the pace, Robert Mitchell's Good and Lucky showed the way throughout and captured the $75,000 Woodchopper Stakes Saturday by 4 1/4 lengths under steady showers at sloppy Fair Grounds Race Course.
Mill House's Brilliant has been made the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight 3-year-old grass runners, including Peter Vegso's Go Between, also a multiple graded stakes winner.
Kingship, a son of the 2000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIIT) victor King Cugat, gamely held on to win the 2006 edition by a nose over the fast-closing Proudinsky.
Pin Oak Stable's Equal Opportunity, recent winner of the Awad Stakes at Arlington Park, is the 3-1 morning-line favorite for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIIT).
Original Spin, winner of the Arlington Washington Lassie (gr. III) and third-place finisher in the Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) as a 2-year-old, edged Fort Prado for Illinois-bred Horse of the Year honors in 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session