Atlanta businessman and philanthropist J. Mack Robinson, a prominent Thoroughbred owner and breeder, has died at age 90. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Robinson died Feb. 7.
Crash Course rallied to win Sunday in the $100,000, grade III Mac Diarmida Handicap for older horses. Crash Course, ridden by jockey Jerry Bailey, finished a half length ahead of Unite's Big Red, a 28-1 shot.
After Monarchos runs third in his comeback, Booklet wins the Holy Bull Stakes for the same connections.
Crash Course, Tijiyr, and Slew Valley head the 12-horse field for Saturday's $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid