Matthew Schera's Cage Fighter got a perfect stalking trip and kicked clear in the stretch to capture his first stakes in the $200,000 PTHA President's Cup Sept. 12 at Parx Racing.
Gross, average, and median all rise, and a Limehouse filly named Delightful Mary brings $500,000.
The dispersal of late Jack Dreyfus' Hobeau Farm's horses started at the recent Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland. Cary Frommer, as agent, sold four of the operation's juveniles for $1,028,000. They included a Tapit colt named Tashop that set a record for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland with his $850,000 price.
A Yonaguska half-brother to Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Mine That Bird has been added to the catalog of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training. The auction will be held May 18 and 19 at Timonium in Maryland. It starts two days after the running of the May 16 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), in which Mine That Bird is scheduled to compete.
There has been talk about Delightful Kiss running in the $5-million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). But the Hobeau Farm homebred will be entered in the inaugural $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon at 1 1/2 miles because his connections want a win in the World Championships sooner rather than later, and time is running out. Hobeau owner Jack Dreyfus is in his 90s.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success