Defending champion McDynamo became just the second horse in history to win back-to-back runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) when he scorched six rivals in the $175,000 event Saturday before a sold-out crowd of 50,000 at Moorland Farms race course in Far Hills, N.J.
Michael J. Moran's McDynamo drew away the field after the 13th fence and sped off in the stretch to deliver a 15 1/4-length thrashing in the $175,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplecase Stakes (NSA-I) at Far Hills, New Jersey.
Mcdynamo, reserved toward the back of the pack for much of the event, spurted to the front two fences out from home and kicked on gamely to win the Royal Chase for the Sport of Kings (NSA-I) at Keeneland Friday.
<b>Saratoga Notebook: </b>Long, SuccessfulTrip Extended for Aussie Import Zabenz; McPeek Gets Smarter; Ward Colt has B.C. Goal; Carson Hollow Update
It's off to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (gr.I) for Zabenz, the Austrialian import who won the New York Turf Writers Cup (gr.I) Thursday.
New Zealend-bred Zabenz, making his second start in the United States, took command of the $100,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-gr. I) in the final turn and pulled away for a 7 1/4-length victory in rainy conditions Thursday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms