Defending champion McDynamo became just the second horse in history to win back-to-back runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) when he scorched six rivals in the $175,000 event Saturday before a sold-out crowd of 50,000 at Moorland Farms race course in Far Hills, N.J.
Michael J. Moran's McDynamo drew away the field after the 13th fence and sped off in the stretch to deliver a 15 1/4-length thrashing in the $175,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplecase Stakes (NSA-I) at Far Hills, New Jersey.
Mcdynamo, reserved toward the back of the pack for much of the event, spurted to the front two fences out from home and kicked on gamely to win the Royal Chase for the Sport of Kings (NSA-I) at Keeneland Friday.
<b>Saratoga Notebook: </b>Long, SuccessfulTrip Extended for Aussie Import Zabenz; McPeek Gets Smarter; Ward Colt has B.C. Goal; Carson Hollow Update
It's off to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (gr.I) for Zabenz, the Austrialian import who won the New York Turf Writers Cup (gr.I) Thursday.
New Zealend-bred Zabenz, making his second start in the United States, took command of the $100,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-gr. I) in the final turn and pulled away for a 7 1/4-length victory in rainy conditions Thursday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint