Market indicators were up across the board Jan. 8 on the first day at Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, where a colt and a filly tied for the top price of $450,000 ($402,433 in United States funds).
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell, who had surgery to remove a tumor from his brain late last month, was on hand as odds-on Dhaamer turned the closing-day Sunset Handicap (gr. IIIT) into a romp at Betfair Hollywood Park July 15.
The Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale ended its four-day run Oct. 27 in England with a median price that was the same as a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity