Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
- By Ron Mitchell
Ahmed Zayat, who operates one of North America's leading racing stables and is a major buyer at equine auctions, said he is surprised that a major bank has filed suit seeking repayment of more than $34 million in loans.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score