Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
- By Ron Mitchell
Ahmed Zayat, who operates one of North America's leading racing stables and is a major buyer at equine auctions, said he is surprised that a major bank has filed suit seeking repayment of more than $34 million in loans.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill