Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
- By Ron Mitchell
Ahmed Zayat, who operates one of North America's leading racing stables and is a major buyer at equine auctions, said he is surprised that a major bank has filed suit seeking repayment of more than $34 million in loans.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular