Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
- By Ron Mitchell
Ahmed Zayat, who operates one of North America's leading racing stables and is a major buyer at equine auctions, said he is surprised that a major bank has filed suit seeking repayment of more than $34 million in loans.
Most Popular Stories
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection