Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
- By Ron Mitchell
Ahmed Zayat, who operates one of North America's leading racing stables and is a major buyer at equine auctions, said he is surprised that a major bank has filed suit seeking repayment of more than $34 million in loans.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory