Koffee Grinder, whose four-race win streak at Hastings Racecourse ended in August, looks to get back to the winner's circle in the $150,000 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 14 at the Vancouver bullring.
Miss Derek, third as the favorite in the British Columbia Oaks five weeks ago, will look to make amends when facing older rivals in the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes Can-III) at Hastings Racecourse Oct. 14 in Vancouver.
Craig MacPherson, leading the trainer standings at Hastings Racecourse, sends out a formidable duo in Reporting Star and Bluegrass Pride for the $150,000 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 8 at the Vancouver track.
Owner Glen Todd pulled out all the stops in an effort to claim his first British Columbia Derby with a three-horse entry that went off at 2-5 odds, but it wasn't enough to stop high-stepping Second City Sept. 9 at Hastings.
An evenly matched field of a dozen 3-year-olds, including a pair of fillies, are set to reach the starting gate in the $300,000 Canadian Derby presented by Canem Systems Aug. 20 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Surging Against the Sky opened up a two-length lead in the stretch and held off favored Lady Raj in the final stages to win her sixth straight race in the $115,036 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Hastings Park in British Columbia Oct. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival