Though horses bred by Machmer Hall finished second in graded stakes over the weekend, it was Drefong's King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) victory that the farm's connections found most exciting.
Carrie Brogden of Machmer Hall Farm, which bred champion mare Tepin, noted the large number of recent graded stakes winners that were raised at farms within a six-mile radius near Paris, Ky.
Stoneway Farm's Stonetastic took charge soon after the start and never relinquished her lead en route to a commanding victory in the $200,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. II) March 19 at Gulfstream Park.
James Keogh has joined Lexington-based Select Sales Agency as a partner, it was announced July 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker