The Jim Stable's Ah Day returned to his winning ways when he beat a nice group of older sprinters in the $74,400 Fire Plug Stakes.
Crafty Schemer returns to Laurel Park as the 5-2 morning line favorite in the $100,000 Fire Plug Saturday.
TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion Thor's Echo, racing in the Superman silks of Suarez Racing, made his case for a 2006 Eclipse Award, repelling a menacing challenge from the unlucky Diabolical to win the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Thor's Echo, upset winner of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) on Nov. 4, is the 8-5 morning line favorite after drawing the outside post among nine entered in the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Three of the top five finishers from the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) are among the 21 pre-entries for the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Nov. 25.
Friendly Island, conditioned by Todd Pletcher, tackles the Richard Dutrow Jr. trainee Kazoo in Saturday's $200,000 Emirates Airline Maryland Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) on the Preakness (gr. I) undercard at Pimlico Race Course Saturday.
A deep field of 12 older sprinters heads to the gate for Saturday's $400,000, seven-furlong Commonwealth Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Keeneland.
After a brief freshening, Germania Farms' Abbondanza roared back into action with a victory in the $85,000 Fire Plug Stakes for older horses on Martin Luther King Day Monday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit