Michael Tabor's heavily-favored Lion Tamer roared away with Saturday's $200,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens pulled off an upset with First Blush in the six furlong Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park on opening day, Jan. 3, and now is taking aim at Saturday's $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr, II).
Irving and Marjorie Cowan's First Blush, with Jorge Chavez riding, stormed from out of the pack to win Friday's $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on opening day at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees