Crafty Ember, dam of grade I winner Pampered Princess, died from complications from hemorrhaging after foaling a Tapit filly Feb. 18 at Trackside Farm near Versailles, Ky.
One mare sold for $10,400 during Keeneland's online auction for horses that did not meet their reserve during the January mixed sale. Stakes winner Crafty Ember, a 15-year-old daughter of Crafty Prospecter, was purchased by Weather Hill, agent, from Lantern Hill Farm, agent. She sold in foal to Catrail.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory