Crafty Ember, dam of grade I winner Pampered Princess, died from complications from hemorrhaging after foaling a Tapit filly Feb. 18 at Trackside Farm near Versailles, Ky.
One mare sold for $10,400 during Keeneland's online auction for horses that did not meet their reserve during the January mixed sale. Stakes winner Crafty Ember, a 15-year-old daughter of Crafty Prospecter, was purchased by Weather Hill, agent, from Lantern Hill Farm, agent. She sold in foal to Catrail.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses