Crafty Ember, dam of grade I winner Pampered Princess, died from complications from hemorrhaging after foaling a Tapit filly Feb. 18 at Trackside Farm near Versailles, Ky.
One mare sold for $10,400 during Keeneland's online auction for horses that did not meet their reserve during the January mixed sale. Stakes winner Crafty Ember, a 15-year-old daughter of Crafty Prospecter, was purchased by Weather Hill, agent, from Lantern Hill Farm, agent. She sold in foal to Catrail.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory