Crafty Ember, dam of grade I winner Pampered Princess, died from complications from hemorrhaging after foaling a Tapit filly Feb. 18 at Trackside Farm near Versailles, Ky.
One mare sold for $10,400 during Keeneland's online auction for horses that did not meet their reserve during the January mixed sale. Stakes winner Crafty Ember, a 15-year-old daughter of Crafty Prospecter, was purchased by Weather Hill, agent, from Lantern Hill Farm, agent. She sold in foal to Catrail.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire