Crafty Ember, dam of grade I winner Pampered Princess, died from complications from hemorrhaging after foaling a Tapit filly Feb. 18 at Trackside Farm near Versailles, Ky.
One mare sold for $10,400 during Keeneland's online auction for horses that did not meet their reserve during the January mixed sale. Stakes winner Crafty Ember, a 15-year-old daughter of Crafty Prospecter, was purchased by Weather Hill, agent, from Lantern Hill Farm, agent. She sold in foal to Catrail.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose