After being overmatched in last month's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Divine Oath found himself back in the winner's circle when he held off Bashart to take the $150,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park.
Let's Go Stable's Divine Oath looks to get back on track Sept. 20 in the $150,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park, coming off a sixth-place finish in the Aug. 16 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International.
Three-time stakes winner Storming Inti and grade III winner Global View lead a well-balanced field of 11 3-year-olds entered in the American Turf Stakes Presented by Ram Trucks (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs May 3.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer lost his leading candidate for the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. I) Feb. 15 when his undefeated colt Exit Stage Left sustained a training injury. But he had a good back-up plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- Shedding My Mask
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- A Great Ambassador
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks