Under a crafty front-running ride from Ramon Dominguez, Little Mike led every step of the way to claim the 30th running of the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 on the Arlington Park turf.
British-bred Afsare, originally scheduled for turf work on the morning of Aug. 16 in preparation for the Arlington Million (gr. IT), instead drilled a half-mile over the Arlington Park main track due to a steady rain.
A field of 11 is set for the 30th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 at Arlington Park, with Phipps Stable's Boisterous installed as the 4-1 morning line favorite.
The Arlington Million annually draws a star-studded cast of accomplished runners from all over the globe and this year's edition should be no different, as 11 runners were pre-entered.
Crackerjack King took command with a furlong left to run and cruised home an easy winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman