Under a crafty front-running ride from Ramon Dominguez, Little Mike led every step of the way to claim the 30th running of the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 on the Arlington Park turf.
British-bred Afsare, originally scheduled for turf work on the morning of Aug. 16 in preparation for the Arlington Million (gr. IT), instead drilled a half-mile over the Arlington Park main track due to a steady rain.
A field of 11 is set for the 30th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 at Arlington Park, with Phipps Stable's Boisterous installed as the 4-1 morning line favorite.
The Arlington Million annually draws a star-studded cast of accomplished runners from all over the globe and this year's edition should be no different, as 11 runners were pre-entered.
Crackerjack King took command with a furlong left to run and cruised home an easy winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Baker Joins Three Chimneys as COO
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes