Bret Calhoun-trained filly Cozze Up Lady notched her first stakes victory when coming from off the pace to win the June 29 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length at Arlington Park.
While Aubby K improved to 2-for-2 as a 4-year-old by securing the first grade I win of her career in her previous start, nine other fillies and mares will test her in the Chicago Handicap (gr. III) June 29 at Arlington.
A game winner of the American Oaks (gr. IT) one month ago, Lady of Shamrock can make it back-to-back grade I wins when she takes on nine sophomore filly rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day