Five-year-old mare faces nine opponents in seven-furlong dash at Arlington Park
Apropos, owned and bred by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider, seems to have found a good spot in the $100,000 Winning Colors Stakes May 26, when she will face eight opponents in the six-furlong sprint at Churchill Downs.
Bret Calhoun-trained filly Cozze Up Lady notched her first stakes victory when coming from off the pace to win the June 29 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length at Arlington Park.
While Aubby K improved to 2-for-2 as a 4-year-old by securing the first grade I win of her career in her previous start, nine other fillies and mares will test her in the Chicago Handicap (gr. III) June 29 at Arlington.
A game winner of the American Oaks (gr. IT) one month ago, Lady of Shamrock can make it back-to-back grade I wins when she takes on nine sophomore filly rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014