Softly readies for Rampart rebound with five furlong work...Gal O Gal and Alpha Squire Expected for Gaily Gaily.
Green Hills Farm's Voodoo Dancer took the lead inside the final sixteenth of a mile to win over Blue Moon by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $168,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the firm turf course at Churchill Downs. With jockey Jose Santos aboard, the 4-year-old daughter of Kingmambo covered the 1 1/8 miles in a stakes record 1:46.91 to erase the mark of 1:47.27 set by Behaving Dancer in 1992.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program