Softly readies for Rampart rebound with five furlong work...Gal O Gal and Alpha Squire Expected for Gaily Gaily.
Green Hills Farm's Voodoo Dancer took the lead inside the final sixteenth of a mile to win over Blue Moon by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $168,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the firm turf course at Churchill Downs. With jockey Jose Santos aboard, the 4-year-old daughter of Kingmambo covered the 1 1/8 miles in a stakes record 1:46.91 to erase the mark of 1:47.27 set by Behaving Dancer in 1992.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training