Softly readies for Rampart rebound with five furlong work...Gal O Gal and Alpha Squire Expected for Gaily Gaily.
Green Hills Farm's Voodoo Dancer took the lead inside the final sixteenth of a mile to win over Blue Moon by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $168,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the firm turf course at Churchill Downs. With jockey Jose Santos aboard, the 4-year-old daughter of Kingmambo covered the 1 1/8 miles in a stakes record 1:46.91 to erase the mark of 1:47.27 set by Behaving Dancer in 1992.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2