Trainer Bruce Levine, currently at Gulfstream with a string of a dozen horses, took some time out from his Monday morning to answer five questions.
Coyote Lakes wins the marathon Gallant Fox Handicap for the third time in a row.
Speedy Pick, a 59-1 longshot, led through every step of the San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) except the ones that mattered most. In the final strides, Continental Red rallied to win Saturday's $250,000 race by a nose at Santa Anita.
Denon, who will try to deliver yet another graded stakes win to conditioner Bobby Frankel, will carry highweight of 118 into Saturday's running of the $250,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Trainer Michael Daggett and veterinarian William Isomoto were suspended for by Aqueduct's stewards Sunday.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal