Jockey Kyle Kaenel has retired due to extensive injuries the 21-year-old Oceanside, N.Y., native suffered in a riding spill at Fairplex Park in Southern California Sept. 27.
Jockey Gary Stevens on Tuesday hired agent Brian Beach to handle his book effective opening day of the Santa Anita Park meeting Dec. 26. Beach also books mounts for Mike Smith.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes