The top-rated miler in the world, Able Friend, will take aim at the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) June 16 when the prestigious Royal Ascot meet gets off to a flying start with three group I races.
Henrythenavigator got things off to a great start for Aidan O'Brien by cruising to a deceptively easy three-quarter of a length victory in the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II), the opening race of the Royal Ascot meeting.
Racing at the Royal Ascot at York meet got underway June 14 with the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-olds, and it was Red Ransom's son, Red Clubs, winning his third consecutive race after an opening loss.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby