The Brazilian-bred Out of Control stole the spotlight from Lava Man and Surf Cat in Oak Tree's $252,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) with a heart-pounding nose victory over Zann at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Multiple grade II winner Surf Cat makes his turf racing debut Oct. 7 for trainer Bruce Headley when he tackles Lava Man and four others in the $250,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Irish-bred Ashkal Way, a winner of five of six starts in the U.S., makes his Hollywood Park debut Friday in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) to kick off the 15th Turf Festival.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Art Master, the beaten favorite in his U.S. debut in Belmont Park's Kelso Handicap (gr. IIT), can make amends when he faces eight rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) Friday at Churchill Downs.
Aragorn tuned up for the NetJets' Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) in one month with a smart win as the overwhelming favorite in Saturday's Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. II) on the turf at Santa Anita.
North America's premier miler Aragorn heads a cast of eight in the $250,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont