He's Had Enough, a regally bred son of Tapit, will join the stallion roster at Woodford Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla., for his first breeding season in 2015.
By a 10-furlong grade I winner out of a mare by a Derby and Belmont Stakes winner, with a second dam who was a graded stakes winner at 10 furlongs, Bayern illustrates the difficulties of interpreting modern U.S. pedigrees.
The one-time $15,000 claimer is an influence in some of today's stakes winners.
Bobby Flay's Super Espresso, a graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Green Desert not only helped to establish the reputation of Danzig as a sire of sires but has founded a flourishing line of his own stallion sons in Europe.
Alaazo, a graded stakes-placed son A.P. Indy out of the grade II-winning Deputy Minister mare Atelier, has been retired from racing to stand at Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
No one has to look very deep in Acoma's pedigree to see broodmare potential in spades. Helen Alexander's and Helen Groves' daughter of Empire Maker recently won the Dogwood Stakes (gr. III) is now bucking for broodmare prospect of the year honors.
Eugene and Laura Melnyk's Paynes Bay has been retired from racing and will stand the 2004 breeding season at T.C. Westmeath Farm near Shelburne, Ontario. His fee will be $2,500 (Canadian funds).
Grade I winner and foundation broodmare Too Chic was euthanized Wednesday at Middlebrook Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- No Stopping Irish Mission in La Prevoyante
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea