The Florida Supreme Court April 27 upheld a decision by a lower state court that authorizes Hialeah Park to have a casino with Las Vegas-style slot machines.
Historic Hialeah Park won another court round in its effort to match casinos at Gulfstream Park and Calder Casino & Race Course.
In a case that has ramifications for Thoroughbred racing, New York's highest court has refused to hear an appeal by a trainer suspended by state regulators for a pattern of alleged illegal equine drug violations involving horses at Monticello Raceway.
Magna Entertainment Corp. said it intends to proceed with the development of a slot-machine facility at Gulfstream Park despite a decision by the Florida District Court of Appeal First District.
A United States Supreme Court ruling that overturned Michigan and New York laws that keep wine produced out of state from being shipped to in-state customers could have implications for account wagering, a National Thoroughbred Racing Association official said.
A New York appeals court July 7 said the revenue-sharing agreement for racetrack video lottery gambling is unconstitutional, a decision that raises new questions about a program that has stalled at the state's biggest tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided