Two-time Canadian sprint champion Essence Hit Man looks to get back to his winning form when he faces five opponents in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 17 at Woodbine.
Stormy Lord, a no-sweat three-length winner in last year's Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIT), returns to defend his crown against 10 opponents at Woodbine May 27.
Sharp winner of the Durham Cup (Can-III) last month, City Wolf puts his four-race winning streak at Woodbine on the line against a strong field in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 12.
Jungle Wave, who won the 2009 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine and finished second in last year's running, returns for another go around in the seven-furlong sprint Sunday, Aug. 28.
James Street earned his first stakes victory when he outlasted game challenger Stunning Stag by a head in the $164,160 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Aug. 6.
Sand Cove, front-running winner of last year's Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III), is back to defend his title in the $150,000 Polytrack event at Woodbine Aug. 6.
Making his stakes debut, Aurora Meadows and Oxbridge Farm's Court of the Realm held off the determined run of Fifty Proof to win the $269,200 King Edward (Can-IIT) June 25 at Woodbine.
Grand Adventure, who captured the most lucrative win of his career in last year's King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT), is back to defend his title in the one-mile turf event worth $250,000 at Woodbine June 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned