George Washington restored his illustrious reputation with an impressive victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot on Saturday.
Court Masterpiece came with a late rush to claim the Cantor Spreadfair Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood on Wednesday.
Champion trainer Sir Michael Stoute's horses have been winning at an impressive 40% rate during the month of May. On Saturday at Newbury, Peeress added to that total, with an impressive 1 ¾-length victory in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I).
Utopia made all under jockey Yutaka Take to claim the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) by four lengths for Japan Saturday night at Nad Al Sheba.
Court Masterpiece claimed the first of Longchamp's seven group I races this weekend when getting up in the final strides to claim the Prix de la Foret Casino Barriere de Biarritz (Fr-I) on Saturday.
Chic, ridden by Kieren Fallon, came from last to overtake hard-luck Nayyir and claim Saturday's Celebration Mile (Eng-II) over a very soft course at Goodwood.
Kentucky-bred Arakan returned to form with a determined victory in the Criterion Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift