George Washington restored his illustrious reputation with an impressive victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot on Saturday.
Court Masterpiece came with a late rush to claim the Cantor Spreadfair Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood on Wednesday.
Champion trainer Sir Michael Stoute's horses have been winning at an impressive 40% rate during the month of May. On Saturday at Newbury, Peeress added to that total, with an impressive 1 ¾-length victory in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I).
Utopia made all under jockey Yutaka Take to claim the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) by four lengths for Japan Saturday night at Nad Al Sheba.
Court Masterpiece claimed the first of Longchamp's seven group I races this weekend when getting up in the final strides to claim the Prix de la Foret Casino Barriere de Biarritz (Fr-I) on Saturday.
Chic, ridden by Kieren Fallon, came from last to overtake hard-luck Nayyir and claim Saturday's Celebration Mile (Eng-II) over a very soft course at Goodwood.
Kentucky-bred Arakan returned to form with a determined victory in the Criterion Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again