All but one of the workhorses quarantined at Turfway Park have been cleared to return to the track on Tuesday after testing negative for the equine herpesvirus.
Horses in Barn 26 at Turfway Park were to be retested the evening of Dec. 28 for evidence of equine herpesvirus to determine if any other horses are positive for the virus, said Rusty Ford of the Kentucky State Veterinarian's office. Results are expected by the weekend.
Turfway Park officials, representatives from the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, Kentucky Horse Racing Authority officials, and representatives from the Kentucky HBPA met Monday morning at Turfway Park to provide a current status of horses exposed to equine herpes in Barn 26 at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby