All but one of the workhorses quarantined at Turfway Park have been cleared to return to the track on Tuesday after testing negative for the equine herpesvirus.
Horses in Barn 26 at Turfway Park were to be retested the evening of Dec. 28 for evidence of equine herpesvirus to determine if any other horses are positive for the virus, said Rusty Ford of the Kentucky State Veterinarian's office. Results are expected by the weekend.
Turfway Park officials, representatives from the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, Kentucky Horse Racing Authority officials, and representatives from the Kentucky HBPA met Monday morning at Turfway Park to provide a current status of horses exposed to equine herpes in Barn 26 at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby