Stakes-winning sprinter Country Day (Speightstown -- Hidden Assets, by Mt. Livermore) sired his first reported foal when a dark bay colt was born Jan. 22.
Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm will host its stallion open house for breeders Jan. 6, from noon to 5 p.m. at the stallion barn in Lexington.
Bertram, Elaine, and Richard Klein's multiple stakes winner Country Day will enter stud in 2013 at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Country Day, a three-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing after he came down with a stress fracture during a recent workout at Churchill Downs.
Regally Ready grabbed the lead early and flew up the inside to score in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Silverton Hill's homebred Havelock took advantage of blazing opening fractions, coming from off the pace to tally his third stakes win of the season in the $150,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day