Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm will host its stallion open house for breeders Jan. 6, from noon to 5 p.m. at the stallion barn in Lexington.
Bertram, Elaine, and Richard Klein's multiple stakes winner Country Day will enter stud in 2013 at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Country Day, a three-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing after he came down with a stress fracture during a recent workout at Churchill Downs.
Regally Ready grabbed the lead early and flew up the inside to score in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Silverton Hill's homebred Havelock took advantage of blazing opening fractions, coming from off the pace to tally his third stakes win of the season in the $150,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29