Stakes-winning sprinter Country Day (Speightstown -- Hidden Assets, by Mt. Livermore) sired his first reported foal when a dark bay colt was born Jan. 22.
Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm will host its stallion open house for breeders Jan. 6, from noon to 5 p.m. at the stallion barn in Lexington.
Bertram, Elaine, and Richard Klein's multiple stakes winner Country Day will enter stud in 2013 at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Country Day, a three-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing after he came down with a stress fracture during a recent workout at Churchill Downs.
Regally Ready grabbed the lead early and flew up the inside to score in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Silverton Hill's homebred Havelock took advantage of blazing opening fractions, coming from off the pace to tally his third stakes win of the season in the $150,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT) Oct. 8 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes