Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) winner Dixie Union was installed as the moderate 5-2 morning-line favorite for Saturday's Travers Stakes (gr. I) when post positions were drawn Thursday for the $1-million race.
The field is taking shape for the Aug. 26 Travers Stakes (gr. I), with two of this year's spring classic winners possible starters in the "Midsummer Derby." According to racing secretary Mike Lakow, Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable is a confirmed Travers contender, with Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Red Bullet questionable.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Uncontested' Smarty Jones Romp for Uncontested
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm