Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) winner Dixie Union was installed as the moderate 5-2 morning-line favorite for Saturday's Travers Stakes (gr. I) when post positions were drawn Thursday for the $1-million race.
The field is taking shape for the Aug. 26 Travers Stakes (gr. I), with two of this year's spring classic winners possible starters in the "Midsummer Derby." According to racing secretary Mike Lakow, Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable is a confirmed Travers contender, with Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Red Bullet questionable.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes