Champion Japanese mare Vodka was too good once again, winning an action packed renewal of the final leg of the Asian Mile Challenge, the 59th running of the Yasuda Kinen (Jap-I) June 7 at Tokyo racecourse.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Vodka, winner of the 2007 Japanese Derby, ended a year-long win drought with a stunning 3 1/2-length win in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the final leg of Asian Mile Challenge June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races