The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has formally filed a counterclaim in the federal antitrust lawsuit brought by Churchill Downs Inc. and affiliates, and has joined with other defendants asking for their dismissal from the case.
The Jockeys' Guild, in an answer and counterclaim filed March 24 in United States District Court for the western district of Kentucky, charges Churchill Downs Inc. used "exploitative tactics" in dealing with jockeys at company-owned Churchill Downs and Hoosier Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets