The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has formally filed a counterclaim in the federal antitrust lawsuit brought by Churchill Downs Inc. and affiliates, and has joined with other defendants asking for their dismissal from the case.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Jockeys' Guild, in an answer and counterclaim filed March 24 in United States District Court for the western district of Kentucky, charges Churchill Downs Inc. used "exploitative tactics" in dealing with jockeys at company-owned Churchill Downs and Hoosier Park.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland