The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has formally filed a counterclaim in the federal antitrust lawsuit brought by Churchill Downs Inc. and affiliates, and has joined with other defendants asking for their dismissal from the case.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Jockeys' Guild, in an answer and counterclaim filed March 24 in United States District Court for the western district of Kentucky, charges Churchill Downs Inc. used "exploitative tactics" in dealing with jockeys at company-owned Churchill Downs and Hoosier Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- HRRN Plans Coverage of Florida Derby, Louisiana Derby