Keith and Ginger Myers have announced Coteau Grove Farms plans to expand its breeding operation and reduce its racing stable. The farm said it will sell 21 Louisiana-bred yearlings and horses in training at Louisiana sales.
Henry Ray Dunn's Ide Be Cool, unbeaten in four starts at 2 in 2013, was named accredited Louisiana-bred horse of the year May 24 at the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeder Association's annual meeting in Opelousas.
A chestnut yearling colt by Awesome Again out of Clear Sailing by Empire Maker brought $210,000 to top the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana yearling auction Sept. 24.
Canadian champion Too Late Now brought $50,000 to top the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale, which posted increases of 25.5% and 22.2% in its gross revenue and average price, respectively, from a year ago.
The first winner by grade II winner Ruler's Court won by seven lengths Sept. 4 at Evangeline Downs in his first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing