A Yankee Gentleman colt from the family of grade I winner Wicked Strong brought the highest price of $100,000 at the Sept. 23 Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana yearling sale, which saw declines in gross and average.
Equine Sales Company posted record gross receipts during its consignor select yearling sale Sept. 3 in Louisiana, an auction that also featured a supplement of racing age horses from Coteau Grove Farms.
Keith and Ginger Myers have announced Coteau Grove Farms plans to expand its breeding operation and reduce its racing stable. The farm said it will sell 21 Louisiana-bred yearlings and horses in training at Louisiana sales.
Henry Ray Dunn's Ide Be Cool, unbeaten in four starts at 2 in 2013, was named accredited Louisiana-bred horse of the year May 24 at the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeder Association's annual meeting in Opelousas.
A chestnut yearling colt by Awesome Again out of Clear Sailing by Empire Maker brought $210,000 to top the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana yearling auction Sept. 24.
Canadian champion Too Late Now brought $50,000 to top the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale, which posted increases of 25.5% and 22.2% in its gross revenue and average price, respectively, from a year ago.
The first winner by grade II winner Ruler's Court won by seven lengths Sept. 4 at Evangeline Downs in his first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins