Equine Sales Co. announced 11 horses of racing age owned by Keith and Ginger Myers' Coteau Grove Farms been added to the consignor select yearling sale Sept. 3.
Because I Like It, a mare by Lion Heart in foal to High Cotton, and a weanling filly by Wilburn each brought $70,000 to share top honors at the open session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s Fall mixed sale Oct. 16 in Florida.
Along with his wife, Ginger, Keith Myers is about to thrust Coteau Grove Farm to the top of Louisiana's pecking order of Thoroughbred breeding operations. Download Now
The chestnut yearling, which is a half brother to 2010 Ohio Derby (gr. III) winner Pleasant Prince, brings $75,000.
Despite the struggles and uncertainty facing the racing and breeding industry in the Lone Star State, the Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer Yearling Sale recorded sizeable increases Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle