Equine Sales Co. announced 11 horses of racing age owned by Keith and Ginger Myers' Coteau Grove Farms been added to the consignor select yearling sale Sept. 3.
Because I Like It, a mare by Lion Heart in foal to High Cotton, and a weanling filly by Wilburn each brought $70,000 to share top honors at the open session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s Fall mixed sale Oct. 16 in Florida.
Along with his wife, Ginger, Keith Myers is about to thrust Coteau Grove Farm to the top of Louisiana's pecking order of Thoroughbred breeding operations. Download Now
The chestnut yearling, which is a half brother to 2010 Ohio Derby (gr. III) winner Pleasant Prince, brings $75,000.
Despite the struggles and uncertainty facing the racing and breeding industry in the Lone Star State, the Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer Yearling Sale recorded sizeable increases Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict