Cirrus des Aigles' highly anticipated return from injury was spoiled Oct. 4 at Longchamp when he was disqualified from first in the QNB Prix Dollar (Fr-II), race he had won three times previously.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Great Britain will stage its highly anticipated season finale Oct. 20 at Ascot, where superstar Frankel, one of the best racehorses of the modern era, will bid to remain undefeated in his final career start.
As a showdown with Frankel looms later this month, European champion Cirrus des Aigles uncoiled an explosive rally a quarter mile out at Longchamp, romping to an easy win in the Oct. 6 Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II).
Longchamp will offer 15 races over two days Oct. 6-7, including Europe's premier middle-distance test, the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), during France's marquee racing weekend.
Cirrus des Aigles took the lead soon after the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy eight-length victory in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf