A memorial service will be held for the late trainer Wally Dunn at Santa Anita Park on Monday at 1 p.m. It will be held at Clockers' Corner, a site he visited frequently until his death in late April. The Arcadia resident was 93.
W.T. "Wally" Dunn, who sent out four Kentucky Derby starters and won the 1964 Kentucky Oaks with Blue Norther, died recently at his Arcadia, Calif., home.
Retired trainer Wally Dunn, who sent out Colorado King to three major stakes victories at Hollywood Park in 1964, died earlier this week in his Arcadia apartment. He was 93.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail