A memorial service will be held for the late trainer Wally Dunn at Santa Anita Park on Monday at 1 p.m. It will be held at Clockers' Corner, a site he visited frequently until his death in late April. The Arcadia resident was 93.
W.T. "Wally" Dunn, who sent out four Kentucky Derby starters and won the 1964 Kentucky Oaks with Blue Norther, died recently at his Arcadia, Calif., home.
Retired trainer Wally Dunn, who sent out Colorado King to three major stakes victories at Hollywood Park in 1964, died earlier this week in his Arcadia apartment. He was 93.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports