A memorial service will be held for the late trainer Wally Dunn at Santa Anita Park on Monday at 1 p.m. It will be held at Clockers' Corner, a site he visited frequently until his death in late April. The Arcadia resident was 93.
W.T. "Wally" Dunn, who sent out four Kentucky Derby starters and won the 1964 Kentucky Oaks with Blue Norther, died recently at his Arcadia, Calif., home.
Retired trainer Wally Dunn, who sent out Colorado King to three major stakes victories at Hollywood Park in 1964, died earlier this week in his Arcadia apartment. He was 93.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby