Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Trainer Noble Threewitt, who sent out favored Correlation 50 years ago Saturday, still remembers his disappointment in his only try in the Kentucky Derby.
Santa Anita will honor the legendary trainer Noble Threewitt for his 92nd birthday in a special winners' circle ceremony on Saturday. One of the celebrants will be fellow trainer Leonard Dorfman, a friend and peer of Threewitt's for 55 years. Dorfman turns 81 on June 23. The duo often is seen together. They are racing's "Sunshine Boys."
Most Popular Stories
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Jockeys to Support Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses