Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Trainer Noble Threewitt, who sent out favored Correlation 50 years ago Saturday, still remembers his disappointment in his only try in the Kentucky Derby.
Santa Anita will honor the legendary trainer Noble Threewitt for his 92nd birthday in a special winners' circle ceremony on Saturday. One of the celebrants will be fellow trainer Leonard Dorfman, a friend and peer of Threewitt's for 55 years. Dorfman turns 81 on June 23. The duo often is seen together. They are racing's "Sunshine Boys."
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin