Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Trainer Noble Threewitt, who sent out favored Correlation 50 years ago Saturday, still remembers his disappointment in his only try in the Kentucky Derby.
Santa Anita will honor the legendary trainer Noble Threewitt for his 92nd birthday in a special winners' circle ceremony on Saturday. One of the celebrants will be fellow trainer Leonard Dorfman, a friend and peer of Threewitt's for 55 years. Dorfman turns 81 on June 23. The duo often is seen together. They are racing's "Sunshine Boys."
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory