Corporate Jungle, who was pulled up during the Wickerr Stakes, sustained a fractured sesamoid of the right fetlock, according to trainer Tom Proctor, who said the prognosis that the horse can be saved is "good/guarded."
There's no doubt he's the best horse in the race, but can reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan overcome his 128-pound impost in the $150,000 Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) June 29 against a modest group at Churchill Downs?
The $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) may be the feature worth the most June 1 at Churchill Downs, but a familiar cast of characters makes the $65,000 Opening Verse a more intriguing contest.
Bill Mott sent his quartet of Breeders' Cup hopefuls out for their final works Oct. 28, with Royal Delta (:48.96), To Honor and Serve (:47.72) and Flat Out (:48.01) all turning in half-miles.
Trainer Chad Brown sent out undefeated Awesome Feather Oct. 21 at Belmont Park for her penultimate morning work prior to an expected start in the 1 1/8-mile Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I).
Morton Fink's Woodbine Mile winner Wise Dan is the star attraction of a power-packed $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland, where he'll take on 11 other starters 20 days after his most recent score.
Little Mike will try to make it consecutive grade I victories on turf when he makes his California debut in the $300,000 Shoemaker Mile June 30 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Favored Corporate Jungle took over in upper stretch and held Trend at bay win in winning the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) in his stakes debut March 31 at Gulfstream Park.
Brilliant Speed, third in last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at 1 1/2 miles, cuts back to a mile for the Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park March 31 as he takes on seven rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile