In an thrilling stretch duel, English-bred invader Donativum bested Irish rival Westphalia by a half length to capture the $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 25.
Bittel Road, three-for-three in his career, seeks to keep his record perfect in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Square Eddie looks to continue winning ways in the Juvenile
Robert and Janice McNair just might change their minds about getting out of racing now that their homebred Midshipman won the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 3 closing day. The photo finish victory at seven furlongs over the synthetic surface came just several days after the McNairs announced they were selling their horses and Central Kentucky farm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation.
Canadian invader Southern Exchange might not be favored in the Sept. 3 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) closing day, but he's the only one of the 11 contestants with as many as three wins.
Azul Leon remained unbeaten with an assist from the Del Mar stewards, who disqualified the first-place finisher Kelly Leak from victory in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 10.
Unbeaten Azul Leon became the first graded winner for leading 2008 first-crop sire Lion Heart when he scored by four lengths in the Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) last month. He heads an inexperienced field of 10 in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 10 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night