In an thrilling stretch duel, English-bred invader Donativum bested Irish rival Westphalia by a half length to capture the $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 25.
Bittel Road, three-for-three in his career, seeks to keep his record perfect in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Square Eddie looks to continue winning ways in the Juvenile
Robert and Janice McNair just might change their minds about getting out of racing now that their homebred Midshipman won the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 3 closing day. The photo finish victory at seven furlongs over the synthetic surface came just several days after the McNairs announced they were selling their horses and Central Kentucky farm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation.
Canadian invader Southern Exchange might not be favored in the Sept. 3 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) closing day, but he's the only one of the 11 contestants with as many as three wins.
Azul Leon remained unbeaten with an assist from the Del Mar stewards, who disqualified the first-place finisher Kelly Leak from victory in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 10.
Unbeaten Azul Leon became the first graded winner for leading 2008 first-crop sire Lion Heart when he scored by four lengths in the Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) last month. He heads an inexperienced field of 10 in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 10 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Alert Bay Seeks Repeat Victory in San Francisco Mile