Joint Effort, ridden by Rene Douglas, opened a clear lead in the stretch and held off a late surge from Ready to Please and Victorina to score a one-length victory in Saturday's $167,850 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Joint Effort, an impressive winner of the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) on Kentucky Derby Day, and Ready to Please, who won the Fantasy (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in her stakes debut, head the field in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Canadian invader Top Notch Lady brought the snow with her Saturday at Turfway Park and came away with an upset victory in the $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies.
Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
Most Popular Stories
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Discreetness, Collected Face Off in Southwest
- Calculator to Make Return at Santa Anita
- Upcoming Texas 2-Year-Olds Sale Taking Shape
- Green Gratto Among Nine in General George
- TOBA Pedigree, Conformation Clinic Scheduled
- Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
- 64 Equine Herpesvirus Positives at Sunland
- Mohaymen Returns to Work Tab at Palm Meadows
- Page McKenney Honored by Maryland Media