Proud Citizen, second in last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and third in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) to champion War Emblem, has been retired and will stand for $12,500 live foal at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Owners Robert Baker, David Cornstein, and Bill Mack will donate their share of purse money earned by Proud Citizen in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) to the Twin Towers Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala