Proud Citizen, second in last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and third in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) to champion War Emblem, has been retired and will stand for $12,500 live foal at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Owners Robert Baker, David Cornstein, and Bill Mack will donate their share of purse money earned by Proud Citizen in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) to the Twin Towers Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes