Fasig-Tipton Texas will conduct the largest single day of selling in its history Aug. 30, when 425 horses are scheduled to go through the auction ring.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 372 yearlings for its Texas summer yearling sale. The number is up 2.5% from last year's total of 363.
The stakes-winning mare Richbabe and the Street Sense colt that was by her side brought the top price of $240,000 during the first phase of Bill and Corinne Heiligbrodt's dispersal.
Esther Marr talks with Bill and Corinne Heiligbrodt about their dispersal. Watch Video
Bill and Corinne Heiligbrodt, who have been involved in the Thoroughbred business for more than 20 years, will begin dismantling their breeding and racing operation July 12 in Lexington.
Four runners in Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Championships will be donating a portion of their earnings to Lexington-based The Race For Education, a national scholarship program that helps young people in the horse industry afford a college education.
Lady Tak, a millionaire and multiple grade I winner, has been retired from racing with a record of 10 wins from 19 starts.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation