Cirrus des Aigles got the best of Qutar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner Treve in a stretch-long duel April 27 at Longchamp, handing the filly the first defeat of her career in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I).
Thought earlier this year to have his best days behind him, Cirrus Des Aigles showed he still had his competitive fire when winning the Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II) for the third time Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
Cirrus des Aigles, likely favorite for the Dec. 9 Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), has been withdrawn from the race at Sha Tin Racecourse due to a tendon issue.
France's Corine Barande-Barbe became the first female trainer to win a race on Dubai World Cup night when Cirrus des Aigles captured the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic Presented By Longines (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House