Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie on Saturday will salute and recognize a foundation class of 14 inductees into the new Lone Star Park Hall of Fame in conjunction with a yearlong celebration of its 10th anniversary of live horse racing.
A foundation class of 14 will be enshrined in the new Lone Star Park Hall of Fame April 21 -- as part of the year long celebration of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie's 10th anniversary. Lone Star Park's spring Thoroughbred season opens for a 16-week run April 12 and will continue through July 29.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
A $14-million racetrack/amphitheater has been announced for Amarillo, Texas. Construction on the facility, along Interstate 40 near the famous Cadillac Ranch art display, is expected to begin this summer. It will provide more than 400 jobs upon completion. The 275-acre track-amphitheater complex is being built by Yellow Rose Entertainment Inc., along with strategic managing partner Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch