Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie on Saturday will salute and recognize a foundation class of 14 inductees into the new Lone Star Park Hall of Fame in conjunction with a yearlong celebration of its 10th anniversary of live horse racing.
A foundation class of 14 will be enshrined in the new Lone Star Park Hall of Fame April 21 -- as part of the year long celebration of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie's 10th anniversary. Lone Star Park's spring Thoroughbred season opens for a 16-week run April 12 and will continue through July 29.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
A $14-million racetrack/amphitheater has been announced for Amarillo, Texas. Construction on the facility, along Interstate 40 near the famous Cadillac Ranch art display, is expected to begin this summer. It will provide more than 400 jobs upon completion. The 275-acre track-amphitheater complex is being built by Yellow Rose Entertainment Inc., along with strategic managing partner Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes