Posse, ridden by Corey Lanerie, wore down Bossanova in the final strides for a half-length victory in Saturday's $111,900 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Posse and jockey Corey Lanerie tracked a fast pace and chased down Roll Hennessy Roll in the stretch on his way to a solid victory in Sunday's $107,900 Lafayette Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Keeneland.
Mountain General found racing room along the inside just in time to win the $100,000 Taylor's Special Handicap Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Mountain General started this Fair Grounds season in a huge way, winning the Thanksgiving Handicap in a track-record six-furlong time of 1:08.03.
Carl F. Pollard's My Trusty Cat, ridden by Terry Thompson, collared favored Souris in the stretch and won the duel to the wire by a length, capturing the inaugural $250,000 Delta Princess Stakes at one mile for 2-year-old fillies at Delta Downs Saturday night.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Point Gained, the 2-year-old half-sister to Preakness and Belmont Stakes winner Point Given, never threatened and finished seventh in a field of eight in the $100,000 Silver Spur Stakes on Sunday at Lone Star Park. It was the stakes debut for Point Gained, a Hennessy filly, after she broke her maiden in her career debut June 20 at Lone Star.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY