The Horseplayers Association of North America has introduced this year a rating system for 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America. Featured exclusively on BloodHorse.com is a countdown of the top 10 tracks. Kentucky Downs is #2.
Lone Star Park officials are heading to Europe to publicize the track in advance of the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. To help with publicity, Lone Star Park is sponsoring a race on the first day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Meeting on Oct. 2.
Lone Star Park officials have sealed the deal to host the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Remington Park has filed an appeal with the Oklahoma Racing Commission to amend its 2003 racing dates. The commission will decide Nov. 14 whether to reconsider the dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks