The Horseplayers Association of North America has introduced this year a rating system for 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America. Featured exclusively on BloodHorse.com is a countdown of the top 10 tracks. Kentucky Downs is #2.
Lone Star Park officials are heading to Europe to publicize the track in advance of the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. To help with publicity, Lone Star Park is sponsoring a race on the first day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Meeting on Oct. 2.
Lone Star Park officials have sealed the deal to host the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Remington Park has filed an appeal with the Oklahoma Racing Commission to amend its 2003 racing dates. The commission will decide Nov. 14 whether to reconsider the dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin