The Horseplayers Association of North America has introduced this year a rating system for 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America. Featured exclusively on BloodHorse.com is a countdown of the top 10 tracks. Kentucky Downs is #2.
Lone Star Park officials are heading to Europe to publicize the track in advance of the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. To help with publicity, Lone Star Park is sponsoring a race on the first day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Meeting on Oct. 2.
Lone Star Park officials have sealed the deal to host the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Remington Park has filed an appeal with the Oklahoma Racing Commission to amend its 2003 racing dates. The commission will decide Nov. 14 whether to reconsider the dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss