The Horseplayers Association of North America has introduced this year a rating system for 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America. Featured exclusively on BloodHorse.com is a countdown of the top 10 tracks. Kentucky Downs is #2.
Lone Star Park officials are heading to Europe to publicize the track in advance of the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. To help with publicity, Lone Star Park is sponsoring a race on the first day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Meeting on Oct. 2.
Lone Star Park officials have sealed the deal to host the 2004 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Remington Park has filed an appeal with the Oklahoma Racing Commission to amend its 2003 racing dates. The commission will decide Nov. 14 whether to reconsider the dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby