Late-developing Al Kazeem unleashed his powerful acceleration in the straight and scored his third successive group I win of the year in the Coral Eclipse Stakes July 6 at Sandown.
There is no way of telling what might have been in any given race had circumstances been different. And it would be seem audacious to say that Rip Van Winkle was the best horse in the Coral Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I), won by Sea the Stars, but a close look at the race reveals several reasons why that statement might have validity.
Notnowcato upset English Derby (Eng-I) winner Authorized and 2006 champion miler George Washington to win the Coral-Eclipse Stakes on Saturday at Sandown Park after a gamble by jockey Ryan Moore.
David Junior swept from last to first to emphatically reverse Royal Ascot form with Ouija Board to take the Coral-Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I) at Sandown Park on Saturday.
The 3-year-old generation received the boost it needed in Saturday's Coral-Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I) over 10 furlongs at Sandown – but not from the horse everybody expected it from.
Godolphin's Refuse To Bend continued his return to prominence with an exciting victory in the Coral-Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I) at Sandown Park Saturday.
O'Brien looks to the future after Hawk Wing takes the Eclipse Stakes.
The English Jockey Club has levied 10-day suspensions to jockeys George Duffield and Pat Eddery for excessive use of the whip during Saturday's Coral-Eclipse Stakes at Sandown.
Three-year-old Giant's Causeway edged 4-year-old Kalanisi by a head to win the Coral-Eclipse Stakes Saturday at Sandown Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby