For much of the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. I), there seemed to be no denying classy champion Dreaming of Anna, who was seeking her fourth consecutive stakes victory. But after a ground-saving trip from Javier Castellano, Bit of Whimsy made a late rally along the rail, angled three wide and caught the 2006 Juvenile Fillies Eclipse Award winner in the final 16th to win on Keeneland's Haggin turf course Oct. 13.
Champion filly Dreaming of Anna will put her three-race win streak on the line and get her final prep for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 13 on Keeneland's Haggin Turf Course.
Manduro emphatically proved he was the class of the field with an authoritative five length victory in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Star Power - By Evan Hammonds
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome