Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup
- Killin Me Smalls Takes BC Premier's Handicap
- Touching Promise Dances to Ballerina Victory
- Peru-Based Salama to Longines Distaff