Dual group I-winning miler The Gurkha will retire to Ireland's Coolmore Stud for 2017 to stand alongside his champion sire Galileo, the farm announced Sept. 21.
The last foal of the 2014 breeding season at Coolmore Ireland was foaled June 1 when 23-year-old Mariah's Storm produced her 13th live foal--a filly by perennial European champion sire Galileo.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Two-time group I winner Declaration of War will retire from racing to stand at Coolmore's headquarters in Fethard, County Tipperary, Ireland following his final start in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2.
Fasliyev, European champion 2-year-old and sire of five champions and 32 graded stakes winners, died July 8 at Yushun Stallion Company in Japan. He was 16.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Bluewater Sales announced Sept. 8 that Brian O'Rourke will serve as farm manager immediately following the Keeneland September yearling sale that begins Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation