Three-time Eclipse Award winner Royal Delta passed away at age nine earlier this week due to complications from foaling a filly by Galileo at Coolmore Ireland.
Dual group I-winning miler The Gurkha will retire to Ireland's Coolmore Stud for 2017 to stand alongside his champion sire Galileo, the farm announced Sept. 21.
The last foal of the 2014 breeding season at Coolmore Ireland was foaled June 1 when 23-year-old Mariah's Storm produced her 13th live foal--a filly by perennial European champion sire Galileo.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Two-time group I winner Declaration of War will retire from racing to stand at Coolmore's headquarters in Fethard, County Tipperary, Ireland following his final start in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2.
Fasliyev, European champion 2-year-old and sire of five champions and 32 graded stakes winners, died July 8 at Yushun Stallion Company in Japan. He was 16.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Bluewater Sales announced Sept. 8 that Brian O'Rourke will serve as farm manager immediately following the Keeneland September yearling sale that begins Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks