The last foal of the 2014 breeding season at Coolmore Ireland was foaled June 1 when 23-year-old Mariah's Storm produced her 13th live foal--a filly by perennial European champion sire Galileo.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Two-time group I winner Declaration of War will retire from racing to stand at Coolmore's headquarters in Fethard, County Tipperary, Ireland following his final start in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2.
Fasliyev, European champion 2-year-old and sire of five champions and 32 graded stakes winners, died July 8 at Yushun Stallion Company in Japan. He was 16.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Bluewater Sales announced Sept. 8 that Brian O'Rourke will serve as farm manager immediately following the Keeneland September yearling sale that begins Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road