Tapestry brought heavy favorite Taghrooda's unbeaten record to a shocking halt Aug. 22 in the Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) at York.
Dual Derby winner Australia conquered older opponents with consummate ease Aug. 20 at York, winning the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) by two lengths from The Grey Gatsby.
Leading Light denied Queen Elizabeth II's Estimate a repeat victory in the Gold Cup (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot in winning by a neck from that rival in a rousing three-horse battle.
War Command shook clear of dogged pursuer Cable Bay and won the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-old colts and fillies Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
United States-based trainer Wesley Ward struck at the top level in France Aug. 18 with precocious 2-year-old No Nay Never, who effortlessly stretched his speed to win the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Unbeaten Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Ruler of The World will take on eight rivals in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) June 29 at the Curragh while his trainer bids to extend his dominance in the classic.
Declaration of War burst between horses and charged down the center of the track to win the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot while U.S.-based Animal Kingdom failed to settle and faded out of contention.
Godolphin's undefeated European champion Dawn Approach will make his highly anticipated 2013 debut in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first classic of the European season May 4 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run